Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Faculty of Environmental Design has an opening for a part-time (0.50 FTE) thirteen month Limited Term Appointment at the rank of Instructor. Anticipated start date is October 2018.
Applicants are expected to guest lecture and teach in specific courses outlined below and contribute to student mentorship and faculty service. The successful candidate will have a strong background in professional practice related to development of the built environment and an understanding of professional education at the graduate level and a demonstrated interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning in a professional programs context.
Specific duties will include:
- Guest Lecturing and teaching in courses that are part of the Master of Planning (MPlan) curriculum. These course will include EVDS 671 Urban Design Theory (Fall 2018) and EVDP 636 Community Planning Studio (Winter 2019). Guest lecture and teaching assignments may be revised based on program needs. Any such revisions will be communicated at least 10 business days prior to the start of the relevant semester.
- Assist the Dean in the development of interdisciplinary community and industry-based research projects.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A Master’s degree in Planning
- Professional work experience in the development industry and a familiarity with the development approvals process and municipal planning.
- Teaching experience in graduate-level planning courses and urban design or community design studios
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners
- An understanding of sustainability and smart cities in a development context
Desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge of EVDS and its academic programs
- International planning experience
Closing date: October 4th, 2018