Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
Our Vancouver office is seeking a senior Interior Designer to lead the interiors team. As a senior designer joining our team, you should be of a professional mind that appreciates architecture as much as interiors and is willing to work closely to support our architectural projects and grow our interiors practice. As an integrated design team, we believe knowledge in both architecture and interiors will be an asset to any project and your overall growth in the company long-term. We are looking for an individual who has the drive and ambition to expand our Vancouver interiors practice into all areas of design including corporate, commercial, high-rise residential, daycare design, hospitality, healthcare, and institutional projects.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Provide leadership to junior and intermediate interior and technologist staff
- Ability to communicate to clients, liaise with senior architects in the firm
- Lead project meetings and client presentations
- Preparation of interior design proposals
- Provide overview and leadership in all aspects of interior design: programming, schematic design working drawings and contract administration.
- Knowledge of manufacturers for furniture systems, fixtures, materials and to be able to direct staff to source/research as appropriate.
- The design of and selection and specification of finishes and fixtures as required
- Prepare and overview preliminary costing and comparative material sourcing
- Prepare contract documents, including floor plans, finishes plans, reflected ceiling plans, power and communication plans, interior elevations, millwork sections and details, schedules, general notes and information, all which must comply with Building Code
- Develop renderings of conceptual designs for effective execution of working drawings
- Direct staff and assist as necessary with contract administration during construction process id
- Review accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility of all interiors drawing packages