Gow Hastings Architects has an immediate opening on our marketing and business development team at our Toronto-based, award-winning architecture and interior design studio.
Specializing in public buildings, we provide fully integrated, multidisciplinary consulting services in architecture, interior design, and graphic design. Gow Hastings is recognized in particular for its design excellence in higher education, and known for our distinct work in the field of food and culinary arts studies. Clients include Laurentian University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, Conestoga College, Durham College, Georgian College, Fleming College, and Niagara College. Visit www.gowhastings.com to learn more.
We’re on the lookout for a marketing and communications professional to play an integral role in sustaining Gow Hastings’ practice and advancing its growth; with the versatility to work effortlessly between strategic planning, new business pursuits, proposal writing, and media outreach.
- Degree in Architecture, Design, Communications, Writing or Journalism
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a design services or AEC environment
- Creative and self-motivated individual with super enviable organizational skills
- Highly-developed graphic sensibility is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly-developed business acumen
- Flexibility to work independently or as a team
- Nimbleness and ability to balance multiple deadlines against competing priorities
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office on MAC/PC
- Familiarity with website CMS (content management system)
- Working collaboratively with the Partners, the marketing and business development team is responsible for:
- Business procurement to support Gow Hastings’ short and long-term business goals, including: tracking business leads, identifying new market and business opportunities, and managing RFP/RFQ pursuits;
- Wide range of graphic communications assignments, including: proposals, presentations, awards submissions, publications, and marketing collateral, in print, digital, and/or web;
- Ensuring brand strength and alignment across multiple channels and all touch points;
- Written content for proposals, awards, and media outreach;
- Client, consultants, and collaborators relations;
- Press and media communications;
- Website maintenance and social media engagement;
- Projects’ visual documentation;
- Photography coordination and database management
The mid-level role is open to discussion as best fits an applicant’s experience, abilities, and career goals; an excellent opportunity with competitive salary and benefits. Fun, friendly people; summer hours; beer Fridays; and lots of birthday cakes are some of the highlights of our open work culture. However, we think the best draw is the pretty amazing view of the city from our perch near Casa Loma!
Please submit your PDF application to [email protected], and include a cover letter outlining how you envision your role/contribution.