Teeple Architects Inc. is a dynamic, mid-sized architectural firm located in downtown Toronto, carrying out projects at various scales for a variety of high-profile public and private-sector clients across the country. The firm has been recognized with numerous honours on the local, provincial, national and international levels, and has distinguished itself as a leader in the field of sustainable design.
We are seeking an intelligent, organized and self-motivated person to contribute to the strategy and execution of the firm’s marketing plan. Working in a dynamic, fast paced studio, day to day responsibilities include the coordination and design of high quality proposals, award submissions, brochures and new media assets. This individual will also receive training and assist with public relations activities including press releases, social media posts, events and other initiatives. Associated duties include light reporting and maintaining an updated database of graphic and written content.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Senior Staff assisting in the generation, development and maintenance of both short and long-term marketing strategies and campaigns. As a member of the Marketing Team, The Marketing Coordinator will be expected to creatively and professionally bolster Teeple Architects’ identity as a leader of Canadian design through communication and close collaboration.
- To work with the Business Development Manager to track, identify and respond to appropriate RFPs and project opportunities
- To work closely with the Business Development Manager on strategies for responding to RFPs and proposal development and coordination, including graphic design
- To assist the Business Development Manager with communications between clients, consultants and business partners
- To collaborate with the Business Development Manager and Senior Staff to plan and carry out the full range of marketing activities including awards submissions, publications, social media and PR/communications
- Review bid sites, identify opportunities and respond to RFI, RFP and RFPQ
- To assist the design and marketing staff in preparation of presentations and associated materials and graphics
- To assist in the management/development of the marketing information systems and marketing materials library
- To maintain updated database of marketing content
- To coordinate architectural photo shoots
- To track project leads and follow up with Senior Staff
- To research target markets and clients.
- 2-3 years of experience working in architectural marketing or communications role
- Proficiency in all aspects of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent graphic design skills including familiarity with architectural graphics and drawing conventions
- The ability to understand and respond to detailed proposal requirements issued by various clients.
- A keen interest in the business of architecture (marketing strategy, planning and execution) and storytelling (digital, print, video and new media).
- Attention to quality and detail including reviewing and editing work
- Excellent communication, graphic and interpersonal skills, the ability to plan and execute marketing activities requiring independent judgment and demonstrate consistent meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to develop critical path and apply project management skills on proposals (strategy, proposal management, related communication, production and reporting)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Time management skills and an ability to balance immediate deadlines and long term goals
- Well versed in new and emerging technology platforms and graphic tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a high-pressure environment.
A graduate-level degree in architecture is preferred, although equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Qualified candidates should email a résumé, short portfolio of relevant work (print design, competition entries, etc.) and a brief writing sample in PDF format to: [email protected]