Sweeny&Co Architects is a design firm offering a full range of services in architecture, planning, real estate development, interior design, sustainable design, project management and visualization. We have a team of 40 people in an office located in Toronto’s Queen-Spadina district. We have a collaborative atmosphere where we focus on the creation of design solutions that promote environmental consciousness, human wellness and comfort, smart urban economics and innovative value creation. What sets our firm apart is our understanding of the entire development process, from the valuation of land, through to the ergonomics of an office workstation. Our approach allows us to tackle every project with ingenuity and holistic expertise, creating value with the client every step of the way.
About the role
Sweeny&Co Architects is seeking a talented person to head up the firm’s promotional efforts. The successful candidate will manage the implementation of brand, marketing and communication activities for our company as well as for our projects, lead the development of proposals, create and update collateral and help plan, organize and maintain our online presence which will include a website and social media. Your presence will be a positive force in our team, helping promote our work big and small, still in formation as well as complete. You will mainly be working with the Partners of the firm to manage this endeavour.
The prospective candidate’s interest and experience in architecture, built design and real estate would be considered a significant asset.
Qualifications / Personal qualities
- 5+ years of Marketing experience, either at an agency or for a company
- Excellent command of English with strong verbal and written language skills, eye for proofreading and editing;
- Experience in Social Media and web communications is essential;
- Must enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment
- Able to have multiple projects on the go, be organized and meet deadlines as well as have the endurance to work on long-term projects;
- Interest in Architecture and Design;
- Interest in continual learning;
- Empathic to different audiences;
- Organized and independent thinker;
- Attention to detail.
- Continue, build on and contribute to the company’s marketing strategy
- Work with leaders within the company to augment business development strategies
- Coordinate the creation of and update a full range of digital and printed marketing materials
- Ensure high quality output and excellent first impressions in all marketing endeavours
- Information and asset management
- Adobe InDesign (Advanced)
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Office
- Information filing/organizing, database management
- Print and web graphics, and publishing
- Graphic Design sensibilities – applied creativity with focus on presenting information clearly using images, typography, colours, composition, layout, icons etc.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 4-month probationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, a portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations (total attachments should be less than 8MB) to [email protected]. Please include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.