HYL seeks an Mid-level Architect to join its award-winning design studio in Washington, DC. Successful candidates will have strong portfolios, excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members, and an enthusiasm for design excellence and learning.
Performs work on defined segments of a project under supervision of Senior Staff. Responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the general preparation of design and construction deliverables from programming and design presentations through construction administration.
- Prepares client presentation materials, including Revit modeling, rendering and Photoshop illustrations, and compiled design packages.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.• Assists in the documentation of meetings and client decisions.
- Collaborate with consultants, contractors, , and regulatory agencies to meet overall project goals.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples, site visits, and RFI responses.
- Participates as a collaborative team member working with senior staff.
- Demonstrates an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the HYL team culture.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited school
- 3+ years of experience
- Actively pursuing professional licensure
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Revit proficiency preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong communication and graphics skills
Motivated team members who demonstrate commitment to the firm’s vision and goals in innovative and thoughtful design, high quality deliverables, time management, collaborative spirit and client service will have opportunities for progressively increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm.
Please submit electronically a concise cover letter and resume and a PDF or weblink to relevant work samples to [email protected]. Please do not exceed 8 mb for attachments.