Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
April Philips Design Works is growing its team at their new location. Come join us and share your passions for sustainability, help us in creating a balance of culture and nature. Charette with us as we design dynamic public spaces and creative environments for living and working. In our studio we are looking for the right Senior and Mid-level Design Creators. If you are a true Systems Thinker, send us your resume, portfolio, and a note about yourself and what inspires you. We look forward to hearing your story.
The right candidate shall have strong experience on complex landscape architecture projects:
- Has proven experience on a number of relevant design production packages with suitable project captain/management experience for all phases of design.
- Is self-motivated and an innovative problem solver/design thinker.
- Firm grasp of the design and construction process.
- Is organized, works independently and collaboratively, and is an active team player.
- Has solid interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Proficient in planting, grading, and detail development. California plants & Wucols.
- Proficient in ecological systems thinking and sustainable rating systems.
- Very Proficient in all types of software applications for landscape architecture including Auto Cad, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, and MS Office Suite. Lumion is a plus.
- Very Proficient in freehand, graphic and digital media presentation and visual communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate successful project budgeting and staff scheduling abilities.
- More senior applicants should also have public speaking, business development and proposal writing skills; be effective in managing deadlines, keeping projects on schedule, working with clients, and in overseeing production/quality control; and have experience in staff mentoring though technical guidance, collaboration and quality review;
- A BLA or BSLA is required but an MLA is preferred.
- California PLA License and LEED or SITES accreditation preferred.
No VISA Sponsorships are available at this time.
We are an equal Opportunity Employer.
Send requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are: April Philips Design Works is a Landscape Architecture firm committed to the integration of people and the environment through creative sustainable design. Through a “systems thinking” process, APDW blends a fusion of science, art & technology to design site specific, meaningful, and comprehensive outdoor environments. Our diverse portfolio of design projects is centered in the Pacific Rim region.