Hello, we’re Impero.
We’re an independent, award-winning, creative agency that’s sole purpose is to make tired brands famous again.
We’re multi-disciplined but our hearts lie in digital. We work with high profile brands such as Beefeater Gin, Havana Club, Ugg, Lindt Chocolate, Kingston, 7Up and a bunch of others.
Right now, there’s about 38 of us (plus 6 rotating office dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious and pretty good at what we do.
We’d love to meet people who want to be part of and help drive that growth.
Midweight Designers are one of the most reliable designers in the team. You should have a great understanding of the agency’s system, an ability to take on all design tasks, assist or even lead projects independently. Middleweights should be organised and show initiative. You should support senior team members but also be able to step up and take over any of their projects if it’s required of them.
Middleweights should have sound technical skills, a clear understanding of digital and design trends and an ability to apply different styles across brands. You should have a good understanding of visual design and typography, and be able to contribute to concept sessions as well as sell in their ideas clearly.
Most importantly, you must have the same drive as the rest of our team to push Impero to continue to make award winning work. You must be talented, ambitious and driven.
*Motion design skills are a plus.
Your goals for year one:
• Work on two projects that win web awards/accolades.
• Be involved in two pitch wins.
• Learn one new design-related skill.
• Receive 90% positive feedback on your 360° peer review.
The type of people we want to meet:
If you live and breath digital and design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture.
We want to meet you if you…
• have 3 years minimum agency experience.
• are able to easily understand a brief and carry it out independently or within teams.
• have amazing digital design skills and a thousand unique styles and ideas tucked away.
• have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
• have good communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas, be it to your team or to clients.
• are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
• are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
• are unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
• are organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines.
• are driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail.
• have a can-do attitude and a bit of the ol’ entrepreneurial spirit.
• are interested in being involved in the growth of the business as a whole.
The perks of working at The Mighty Impero include:
• To be part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
• The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
• Free snacks, booze and coffee!
• Monthly breakfasts with the whole team.
• Seasonal company parties.
• Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
• Opportunity to pitch your own projects to our Impero Creative Council for dedicated time and resources to work on projects outside your immediate scope.
• The love of six rotating office dogs.
• A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
• A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
• Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
• The future opportunity to possibly work in our other offices (Buenos Aires and very soon The World).
• Beer. Wine. Gin. Rum. Chocolate. (Working with our clients has added perks).
If you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with Midweight Designer as the subject line. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations. NO Agencies please – we already work with loads. *We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.
Closing date: August 25th, 2018