Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Responsible for leading urban design initiatives for the Planning and Building Department which will include project management, coordination with internal and external stakeholders, public consultation, managing consultants, report preparation, and completion of final urban design deliverables. This position will also administer the City of Burlington Urban Design Advisory Panel along with providing urban design advice to the Planning and Building Department.
As a key member of the Urban Design team, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and recommendations on urban design matters as it relates to development applications, policy initiatives, and corporate projects.
- Preparing reports and recommendations on various urban design initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain the city’s urban design guideline documents.
- Participating on and leading the Department, Division and Corporate teams in achieving urban design excellence throughout the city.
- Making presentations on urban design matters at neighbourhood meetings, open houses and meetings of standing committees of Council as required.
- Responds to inquiries from the public, development industry, various levels of government, media, staff, applicants and elected officials with respect to matters of urban design.
- Appearing before the Ontario Municipal Board and other tribunals to give expert evidence on the City’s behalf as it relates to matters of urban design.
- Administering the City’s Urban Design Advisory Panel.
- Act as a liaison to implement graphic technologies that support urban design.
The successful applicant will have a university degree (4 years) in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or Landscape Architecture and full membership in a related professional organization. The incumbent will also have a minimum of 4 years relevant professional work experience in urban design and will be an innovative thinker, who possesses excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management, and written/verbal communication skills. The Urban Designer needs to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Posting close date: December 6, 2017
No agencies please