AHBL is looking for a creative, collaborative, and versatile Planner/Urban Designer to join our award winning planning team in our Seattle office. We believe through innovative planning, design, and engineering, we improve our communities and build collaborative partnerships one project at a time.
If you agree, you might be perfect for our team!
What you will do
The Planner/Urban Designer will work on a variety of current and long-range planning projects for public and private sector clients throughout Washington and the west coast. In this role you will be performing professional planning services in a team environment. As the Planner/Urban Designer, you will enjoy frequent contact with AHBL’s clients including contacts with city, county, or state officials and staff, citizens’ groups, and other professionals.
What You Bring
You are a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently, think creatively, and enjoy collaborating in a team environment.
What We Want
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, or an equivalent related field (Master’s degree is preferred).
- One year of professional planning experience working on multiple projects in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices, and techniques of planning.
- Effective oral, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) skills.
- Urban design skills, preferred.
Who We Are
AHBL is a multidisciplinary firm offering services in civil and structural engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying. Over the course of 50 years, AHBL has earned a reputation for providing award winning, quality solutions to public and private clients alike. Our diverse work program offers interesting challenges every day, fostering creativity, collaboration and problem-solving skills in all our staff.
Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and you have found an awesome place to work!