Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
The Region of Peel’s Regional Planning & Growth Management Division is hiring! Reporting into the Manager of Integrated Planning the Principal Planner will develop policy, manage and undertake studies to support the Regional Official Plan Review (Peel 2041) and Municipal Comprehensive Review. This includes leading planning policy review and policy development associated with focus areas such as growth management, employment, urban structure, housing, settlement expansion, infrastructure and implementation. The Principal Planner will also review and prepare comments regarding Regional requirements and conformity with Provincial policies and plans. As required they will review and prepare expert opinions on policy interpretation and make recommendations to Council through reports and presentations. General responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Provide support to the review of the Regional Official Plan and recommend appropriate study and policy directions to accomplish key deliverables
- Provide support to Peel’s Growth Management Strategy and recommend integrated strategies to plan and manage growth in the Region
- Work across departments and with various stakeholders to achieve planning, development, infrastructure, and finance goals
- Coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary consultant teams. Conduct research and assignments on growth management, housing, employment, and environmental planning policy best practices
- Represent the Division and Regional interests on steering committees, technical advisory committees, and working groups
- Masters or Honours degree in planning or a related field plus expert knowledge and further specializing in fields such as housing, policy planning, social planning, demographics, statistical analysis, growth management planning, modeling and forecasting; economics, employment; environmental planning; watershed planning; climate change; agricultural and resource management
- Minimum of five years of experience in a planning position or related field Experience with working in a multi-departmental environment where most of the work is collaborative and integrated. Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, Hours of work: 35 hours/week; Monday to Friday If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.