Kasian has an amazing opportunity in the Toronto office for a Principal to co-lead the Interior Design team. Kasian’s Toronto office has delivered numerous exciting corporate office projects for both large institutional and small niche clients.
As an influential leader, you will partner with Principals across Kasian in developing the Firm’s long-term strategic goals and grow our Interior Design business in Toronto. Your role will significantly impact our Toronto office and you’ll be part of an exciting Canada-wide Interior Design team.
You have an excellent reputation in the Interior Design community, are well-connected, and able to bring a network of clients with you. You have a proven track record of successful business development and profitable project delivery in Toronto. You are a skilled leader of staff and your superior mentoring skills afford you the ability to build and motivate teams for higher level results.
Experience working in a multi-office environment is essential, and as a strong team player you partner well with Principals across all regions. You are a Licensed or Registered Interior Designer and bring 10 to 15 years of progressive Interior Design industry experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Shape the Firm’s vision and values, culture and brand
- Play a major role in operations, financial management, public image and employee morale
- Deliver new Interior Design business through strong business development
- Develop business by building very strong client base; bring new clients
- Manage key Interior Design projects, both integrated and stand alone
- Ensure profitable project delivery
- Lead and motivate the local team
- Recruit staff and manage team
- Be a role model and sponsor for integrity and professional ethics
- Have extremely well-developed interpersonal skills for dealing with a range of situations
- Be a strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Be a self-motivated influential leader / role model
- Motivate others and effectively coach staff; be a strong mentor
- Be the knowledge leader who ensures that a high degree of creativity and technical competence is a part of the firm’s ‘DNA’