Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
As a Product Application Designer within the New Product Development team, you will be responsible for creating relevant and thought-provoking furniture applications and supporting visuals that help drive new product development and associated marketing efforts. You will apply research, industry knowledge and offer creative design solutions that help to solve unmet needs in the market. These concepts will inform the new product development creation and validation processes, with supporting activities through to launch.
- Visually communicates design intent and product applications in a graphically impactful way using sketches, renderings and current software such as SketchUp and Keyshot.
- Support technical design requirements such as space planning, typical development, product specifications, and finish selection.
- Provide sketches, notes, and renderings to recommend product applications and visually communicate design intent or product recommendations.
- Interact with various design partners to interpret new product concepts into planning scenarios.
- Support brochure layouts; create recommended applications and support for photography and/or renderings.
- Utilize AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Revit and SketchUp.
- Interpret sketches, blueprints, and basic drafting principles for product application.
- Support new product launch applications in Resource Centers in coordination with Design Applications Team.
- Complete ongoing product training and demonstrate planning directives for HNI product solutions.
- Estimate hours, manage time, and multi-task projects to effectively allocate hours per project.
- Provide details and information in a quick, clean, and effective manner and demonstrate team services and processes with competency and professionalism.
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members to stay aligned in process and strategy.
- Complete all activities while supporting corporate strategies and goals that include brand building and developing customer relationships.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
- Demonstrate extensive HNI product knowledge.
- Delivers presentations to internal members to support recommended design solutions & concepts.
- Works independently and collaboratively on projects with various departments – internal and external.
- Become product expert by completing ongoing product training.
- Train internal members on new product specifications.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity or expression, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.
We are a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. Candidates must satisfactorily pass a drug screen and background inquiry before hire.