You can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Product Design Intern at Herman Miller and do both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller’s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As a Product Design Intern, you’ll provide general hands-on and design support for products through rendering, sketching, and CAD work.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you…
- Help design product extensions, improvements, and modifications for existing product lines.
- Help collaborate with authored designers to ensure the original design intent.
- Collaborate with internal teams to help develop product concepts and designs.
- Perform hands-on model building, including foam core and full-scale models.
- Work across all product vectors at Herman Miller, including tables, seating, and healthcare.
- Take strong ownership for your projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with a cross-functional team to complete an intern project.
- Acquire on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
- Experienced with model making, rendering, and CAD work.
- Experienced with sketching and problem-solving.
- Technical and have a basic understanding of manufacturing constraints.
- Teachable and a hard worker.
- Reliable, persistent, and proactive.
- Enrolled and pursuing either a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or a related field from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You must have a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your program) to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
- Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
- In favorable academic standing within your current academic program.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.