Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Developing new products to suit Article’s vision. Creating both original designs and revising existing vendor products to meet Article’s requirements.
- Communicating design concepts and specifications to manufacturers.
- Sourcing international manufacturers and products on visits to tradeshows and factories
- Day-to-day correspondence with vendors such as requesting quotes, arranging samples of new products and monitoring the progress of new development
- Reviewing samples and making recommendations on selections
- Coordinating multiple product development streams to align to a seasonal launch date.
- Working with the Merchandising team to evaluate pricing, suggest ordering strategy and bring product to market
- Working with the Quality Assurance team to ensure Article’s product standards are met
- Maintaining accurate, up to date information in project management software and working towards specified launch goals
- Observing product trends and new offerings through research and attending tradeshows
- Understanding the case goods categories thoroughly and Article’s position in the market within that category
- Reporting to and executing direction from the Director of Product Development and working within the Product Team
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial design or sourcing position related to case goods
- Post-secondary degree in Industrial Design or Architecture is preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Excel and Sketch or other rendering program. A familiarity with project management software is an asset.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to travel regularly overseas
- Experience traveling to foreign countries
- An ability to understand Article’s aesthetic and recognize products that fit our brand. A deep interest in modern furniture, décor and interior design.
- An ability to coordinate many different moving parts to meet deadlines
- An ability to organize, plan and think strategically as well as keeping projects moving at a fast pace
- An ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong communication skills in English
- A professional and positive attitude
- A passion to continuously improve and a strong work ethic
- A portfolio of previous work
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, and a kitchen full of complimentary snacks.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics… even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We’re excited to meet you.