Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership
The School of Engineering and Technology is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the ACET program team.
- Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses including project courses
- Defining, evaluating, and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, online course development, and teaching as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant, and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Support applied research activities including the identification and selection of potential projects
- Development of industry partnerships and collaboration with industry partners
- Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture or Construction Engineering Technology
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation, obtained or in-progress is required
- Minimum of 6 years of building code and/or building construction experience within the Canadian environment is required
- A member in good standing with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) -municipal or associate designation and has obtained the Certified Building Code Official (CBCO) designation is required
- Excellent working knowledge of the 2012 (Ontario) Building Code and referenced standards; (Ontario) Fire Code knowledge is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Successful applicants will be required to commence employment on August 6, 2019 to teach in the fall and winter semesters. Professors will also be required to attend the College Educator Development Program (CEDP) delivered at the Fanshawe Conference Centre in London, Ontario from Tuesday, August 13, 2019 to Thursday, August 15, 2019.