The School of Architectural Studies at George Brown College is inviting candidates qualified to teach technology-based subjects in both lecture and lab formats as well as potential studio/collaboration teaching responsibilities, to submit applications for a full-time faculty position.
It is preferred that interested candidates demonstrate an interest in the application of both technology and design as they relate to building systems, building science, materials, methods and procurement and understand the importance of the integration of these plays in the School of Architectural Studies’ industry-recognized curricula.
The Professor will:
- Be a team-player and work collegially with academic and other colleagues including industry partners.
- Provides academic leadership and maintain and develop an effective learning environment for students through the design revision, updating of courses, defining and validating learning outcomes, develop and/or select appropriate teaching and learning materials.
- Defines and revises subject/program objectives; devise and evaluate course learning outcomes.
- Uses professional expertise to teach students, to tutor and counsel students, and to evaluate student achievements.
- Participates in the work of curriculum, program advisory and other committees.
- Keeps professional currency through consultation with business and industry representatives as well as academic colleagues.
- Contributes to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs of the School, including but not limited to curriculum-based Applied Research projects.
- Teach students in all years of the Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology Programs and other programs within the Centre for Construction and Engineering Technologies.