Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is looking to hire a Professor in Architecture to join its team in Suzhou, China. Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities.
The department of architecture at XJTLU nurtures a climate of open discourse with a firmly established tolerance of views and positions, where risk taking and speculative experiments can flourish.
The architecture programs offers globally competitive design programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with a focus on educating architectural designers in both a Chinese and international context. Research areas within the department include but are not limited to cultural innovation, interaction design and product design.
Roles and responsibilities of a Professor in Architecture:
- teach one design studio and one module a semester including student academic mentoring
- research through classic academic realm via research projects, innovations and publication or via architectural practice or art in architecture. Publications at a level appropriate for the discipline and designation.
- service to support the administrative side of the department, school and the university or extra curricula activities for students and staff
- complete PG certification unless already holding one teaching certification or similar
- participation in departmental activities and administrative life
- positions of administrative responsibility at departmental/cluster/school level
- typical split of teaching: research: service is 40:40:20
- PhD in architecture with a minimum of ten years of academic experience and excellence in academic achievements or Masters degree in architecture with minimum 15 years practices, including extensive senior executive experience equivalent of design Director and two years education experience
- fluent in English