Zebra Projects, Inc. is offering an extremely unique opportunity to qualified candidates only. We are hiring for an experienced Project Architect with 10+ years proven experience in Government Projects that have a component of Lodging, Retail, Restaurant, and/or Hospitality in them. The ideal candidate will possess the drive and ability to manage complex projects in harsh environments around the world. This position requires experience being the prime consultant in a global A&E team and leading multiple consultants located throughout the world. It is important for the Project Architect to possess experience delivering to Department of Defense standards. The position requires in depth technical knowledge and strong communication skills.
Zebra is a global architecture and interior design firm composed of over 150 team members with offices in London, Dubai, Phoenix and Hong Kong. We have a strong retail and restaurant portfolio with projects completed in over 90 countries. Zebra associates immerse themselves into the brands we work for and become a seamless part of the team. We offer an all-inclusive brand guardian approach that brings projects from concept through construction administration. We believe in good work-life balance, provide an environment that fosters personal and professional growth and think of ourselves as an extension of the client’s in-house design and construction team.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Managers, Directors and Principals of Zebra.
- Design and drafting projects in Construction Documents to UFC standards.
- Lead the project team and synchronize activities with consultants proactively
- Act as the key technical lead in efforts of document quality control, design detailing, life-safety compliance
- Review incoming design criteria, work letters, client programs and ensure the final design complies with such so that it coordinates with the Landlord delivery condition
- Knowledge of standard industry practices and procedures for US project delivery
- Coordinates the proper specification of building systems, assemblies and materials in various geographic climates internally and with external vendors
- Able to effectively communicate with clients, contractors, and consultants
- Calm demeanor under pressure and sound judgment are key for this leadership role
- Perform site surveys, feasibility studies, zoning and building code research and manage the preparation of site investigation reports
- Manage document submittals, plan review process and coordinate with the Principal in Charge for document sealing.
- Dexterity to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines and other metrics
- The ability to role-up one’s sleeves, dig-in and produce drawing packages quickly and accurately
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Architectural licensure is preferred. NCARB, LEED AP, CSI certification is a plus
- 10+ years of architectural experience
- Experience with managing project schedules and budgets
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Project
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Highly Competitive Salary based on experience
- Employer contribution to Healthcare provided
- Employer sponsored retirement plan
- Extremely Generous Paid Time-Off Provided to all employees