Due to increased workload in the UK and Europe, Gensler’s Birmingham Studio is seeking a Project Architect to join our Critical Facilities Practice Team. You will be a Revit genius who will be responsible for initiating the technical solutions to best meet the client and design briefs. You will be experienced in handling the technical process, with excellent communication and team relationship skills, and the ability to understand and interpret client, designer and contractor’s needs and requirements.
What You Will Do
As a Project Architect, you will tap into your boundless creativity to design unique professional environments, providing technical support for completion and execution of projects, working on all project stages.
- You will be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously working with the team to design and deliver major projects for global cloud service providers
- Experience in the design and delivery of industrial architecture projects is essential, along with experience in data centre design and delivery is an advantage
- Manage project lifecycle; estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
- Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
- Maintain project manual and specifications
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- You must have a proactive, problem solving attitude and be able to work closely with the wider consultancy team to develop innovative technical design solutions
- RIBA or ARB registered Architect;
- Experience in project leadership, excellent client liaison and team management skills
- Proficiency in Revit a must, capable of working in BIM Level 2 standards
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, through to delivery
- Knowledge of UK building regulations, standards and building structures
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key constituents
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Must be willing to travel to sites across UK and Europe.
This job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
Please apply for this Project Architect role and submit your CV and brief portfolio for review.
Candidates who do not meet the criteria, or provide work samples will not be considered.