Are you creative and detail-oriented? Do you solve problems in three dimensions? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself and others to the highest standard? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an opportunity that will impress you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Project Architect who is passionate about the construction process to join our Boston team. At GMA, every associate is empowered to drive their success from day one!
Partnered with the ARCO Family of Companies, GMA Architects is a full-service design and construction firm. Our design team provides architectural services including Creative Design, Project Management, ADA/Code Compliance, Building Assessment and Reuse, Addition and Renovations, Historic Preservation, Master Planning, Interior Design, Space Planning, and Construction Administration.
What We Can Offer You
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO and GMA, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
A Day in the Life
- Provide site and space planning for construction project managers
- Review building code, local zoning, and park covenants
- Prepare presentation drawings, as required
- Attend client meetings, coordinate with construction project managers, structural, electrical, and civil engineers
- Review project scope with construction project managers
- Produce architectural documents for permit submittal as well as construction
- Review and coordinate construction documents content with construction project manager and consultants as it relates to projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Ability to develop preliminary designs into construction documents
- AutoCAD and Revit experience
- Ability to develop presentation drawings (colored site plan and elevations)
- 3D modeling/rendering preferred