Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Project Architect will be a key member of the Toronto Architecture team and will be responsible for managing both small and large, complex commercial, institutional and mixed-used projects under the guidance of a Principal. The Project Architect will be responsible for and/or support design development, project management and project delivery. This role is positioned for growth and advancement and is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in and make their mark, with a network of global resources to support success.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Perform hands-on role of Project Architect/Project Manager on assigned projects
- Organize duties and responsibilities for the delivery team
- Plan and prepare for presentations, drawings, models and narratives for clients
- Lead, document and manage stakeholder and client meetings including working sessions with design-builders and PPP proponents
- Review and be accountable for design and contract documentation
- Deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Manage project profitability and maintain accurate project reporting in ERP system (BST)
- Ensure quality assurance mandates and processes are met
- Ensure projects are completed with a high level of technical competency
- Ensure timely delivery of projects that are professionally executed within established budgets
- Lead, manage and mentor junior staff
- Liaise with firm leaders in professional practice
- Graduated with a professional degree in Architecture
- OAA Licensed Architect
- 7+ years of experience in an architectural firm with a focus on Revit based projects
- Fully proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Other graphic software is an asset
- Demonstrated ability and experience to oversee and manage both small and large complex projects.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of current industry standards, building code and building science
- LEED AP certification is an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and mentoring/coaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to [email protected], with “Project Architect, Toronto” in the subject line.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.