Adjaye Associates is looking for a Project Architect in our New York office with a broad range of experience in scales from private houses, retail and exhibitions to cultural centers, civic landmarks, residential towers and community masterplans. The successful candidate will share in our devotion for social impact, and should have experience managing consultants, contractors, and clients while mentoring a team to complete extremely high-quality work in a self-motivated but collaborative manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Principal, Director, and Senior Leaders
- Management of junior team members
- Drafting comprehensive drawing sets from concept through construction documents
- Developing presentations, renderings, and models
- Resolve design issues with creative and practical solutions by developing multiple design options that meet the project budget and design approach
- Coordinate with consultants, fabricators, vendors and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
(spoken and written)
- Fluent in putting together an extremely well documented and coordinated drawing set
- Comfort balancing project schedules, staffing, and budget constraints
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Rhino, with V-Ray, Grasshopper, and 3ds Max a plus.
- Excellent Adobe Suite skills
- Solid understanding of materials, construction techniques, and zoning/building codes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple or fast-paced projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 5-8 years of experience in all phases of the design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, and construction administration with site supervision
- Experience working in a leading American or international architecture firm as a designer on built and published references
- Licensed or on-track towards licensure
- Currently (or in the process of) residing in New York
- Candidates must be a US citizens or hold a US work visa and must be authorized to work in the US
Please send applications to [email protected].