Figurr Architects Collective is currently seeking a Project Architect to join their Ottawa office.
Figurr Architects Collective is an award-winning, medium-sized architectural design practice with offices in Ottawa and Montreal. Figurr strives to create and deliver exceptional architectural solutions of enduring and sustainable quality that positively impact our clients, the environment, and the urban fabric. Figurr works on a range of project types, including Educational, Institutional, Corporate Interiors, High Density Mixed-Use Residential, Affordable Housing and Aviation. Collaboration is foundational to how we operate. Everyone is welcomed into a diverse team environment and valued for their contributions to the process.
- have a vision and passion for design excellence
- are self-motivated, and
- thrive in a team environment
Then they want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will contribute their outstanding skills to the design and construction of various project types. They will work closely with the Partners, associates, and architects in a collaborative studio environment to execute design ideas and the projects’ developments, provide mentorship, and lead project teams at all phases of the projects. The candidate must have an excellent understanding of the design and management of architectural projects.
- As part of a larger team, work directly with Partners or Associates or lead various large-scale projects;
- Manages design process for the entire project, including as interface with our internal team and outside consultants;
- Manages other design and technical team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept are maintained through detail level;
- Contribute to the successful development of the project’s BIM model to ensure quality in design and technical resolution;
- Monitors project budget and schedule related to design team efforts;
- The successful candidate will work on various project types and at multiple scales as a member of larger teams and lead smaller-scale projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design development, construction drawings, and contract administration;
- Ability to manage projects through the early municipal planning process;
- Thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing to develop and coordinate contract documents and document checking;
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and SketchUp;
- Strong understanding of the OBC;
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and on multiple projects;
- Self-motivated, well organized, with a demonstrated passion for design excellence;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- The position is within our Ottawa Studio but will also accommodate hybrid work opportunities.
- Full-time position, 37.5 hours/week
- Competitive salary
- Access to a group insurance plan after three (3) months
- Employer-paid professional contribution after one (1) year
- Employer-paid training and development