Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Responsible for planning and managing the provision of project delivery services for mid to large scale projects having experience with residential, multi-family and commercial sectors. The objectives of this role are to represent KENNEDY in a professional manner; be an ambassador for the firm; manage client relationships, interests and goals; and ensure the quality and fiscal success of KENNEDY projects, and report to the Principal(s). Individuals in this role are expected to actively mentor and support other project architects/ project managers. Project Architect/ Project Manager may be required to provide design leadership on various projects, and may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on specialized design and act as a resource. The PA/PM may work on several concurrent projects of varying sizes and assist in the education and development of design and studio staff.
Key Functions & Duties
- The PA/PM will work in, and foster, a collaborative environment to create work plans, drawing lists, scope of services, budgets, and staffing requirements.
- Review and monitor project scope and initiate corrective actions.
- Lead the KENNEDY design process including creation of design concepts, generation of presentation material, and required submission documentation.
- Contribute and participate in proposal and responding to EOI’s and RFP’s.
- Review and Coordinate consultant activity.
- The PA/PM may participate in the preparation of Pre-Design and Schematic Design documents, specifications, and maintain a high level status understanding of the project development, reporting to the Principal(s).
- Chair or work with other PA/PM’s to chair design and production meetings.
- Build relationships with clients through responding to program and budget requirements.
- The PA/PM may assist with business development.
- Work with authorities having jurisdiction at a project leadership level in all key areas of project development.
- Allocate assigned tasks, maintain and communicate the project work plan and requirements to the Job Captain(s), project team, and manage completion and quality of tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
- Lead, motivate self and project team(s) to produce successful design and construction documentation and ensure appropriate team member utilization and growth potential.
- Ensure coordination of consultant documentation with respect to project criteria, client program, drawings, and specifications, and standards of excellence.
- Actively manage project design time budgets to ensure project profitability and prepare status reports.
- Coordinate additional services with the client as required.
- Approve and control all time spent on projects, expenses, and consultant invoices.
- Take responsibility for the “Risk Management” of the project for KENNEDY.
- Ensure detailed Zoning, Development By-Law and Building Code review / analysis are prepared, distributed and filed.
- Monitor and support on-site contract administration requirements including completion of professional responsibilities such as deficiency reports, required site reviews, certificates of payment, and letters of assurance.
- Ensure proper project records are maintained.
- Coordinate with applicable authorities having jurisdiction during all phases of the project.
- Build and manage client relationships through dedicated communication and project leadership.
- Provide continuous reporting to the Principal(s).
- A recognized degree in Architecture with a min of 10+ years of experience
- Multi-Family, Residential and Commercial sector experience
- For Architecture registration with a provincial regulatory board an asset
- Technical background in AutoCAD, Revit is considered an asset
- Excellent time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Detailed knowledge of applicable building codes and by-laws
- Advanced knowledge of the construction practices