Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
Richärd Kennedy Architects is seeking a skilled Project Architect to join its team in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Ability to conceptualize a building design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget, and program.
- Assist in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats in order to express the design intent and communicate to the project team, client, and building user groups.
- Utilize BIM technologies in the development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Assist in the development of space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with the building program.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of regulatory agencies in the development of the building design.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Implement sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Assist in the development of building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Participate in the development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of an architectural license
- Architectural license is preferred but not required
- NCARB goal
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life safety codes to the design of a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp)
How to Apply
To apply for the Project Architect position at Richärd Kennedy Architects, please send your resume and portfolio to Dani Yarger at [email protected]