Gensler is one of the world’s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing a lasting competitive advantage. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Gensler’s Hospitality Studio in Los Angeles is currently seeking an experienced Project Architect.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, civil and other consultants
- Manage client relationships and team communication
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Create and maintain the project manual and specifications with in-house specifications team
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Lead construction meetings with client and contractor
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Licensed Architect (U.S.)
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Revit or other BIM experience highly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Desire to develop junior staff
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Schedule and Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- LEED accreditation and experience
Applications will not be considered without uploaded portfolio/work samples
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.