STUDIOS is currently seeking a Project Architect with 7-10 years of experience to join their San Fransisco team.
Who You Are
You are passionate about the impact of design on people’s lives and thrive on developing architectural solutions to complex problems. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy both teaching and learning from your team, understanding that the best design comes from exploration and the exchange of ideas. You are a proactive and creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills, as well as a good communicator who builds strong relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and vendors while balancing the demands of multiple projects at various stages of development. And finally, you have a deep understanding of technology, building performance, and sustainability strategies in design and construction.
Your Experience and Skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design required. Master’s preferred.
- 7-10 years of work experience in an architectural or interior design firm on large commercial office, mixed-use, civic, academic, cultural, or other complex projects.
- Capable of leading multiple projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team. Ability to balance demands on multiple projects at various stages of development.
- Ability to develop and present initial design concepts. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to develop designs with understanding of building systems, sustainability requirements, accessibility and code compliance for solutions that are unique and engaging while tailored to the client’s vision and project requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge of Type I, Type II construction, construction detailing, building materials and systems.
- Experience in all phases of Architectural services from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation and Construction Administration preferred.
- Experience in LEED documentation and certification, space programming, space planning, workplace strategy, entitlements, planning approvals, and other relevant facets of commercial architecture and planning are desirable.
- Design and documentation experience using Revit required. Rhino, Autocad, Grasshopper, and Sketch-up experience desired.
- Ideal candidate is a licensed Architect in State of California. LEED Accreditation or pursuit of license and LEED accreditation is desired.
Share your portfolio demonstrating intelligent, innovative design conceptualization skills, and thorough and coordinated construction documentation. Submit your work, resume, and letter of interest through the link below.