The London Office is seeking a Project Landscape Architect to join the Hospitality Team.
A recognized practitioner who possesses exceptional design and technical abilities. Provides technical leadership and acts as an advisor on projects. Manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, fluency and aptitude. Teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Collaborates with the consultants and technical team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design and the delivery of the implementation documents.
- Works with the PIC/Project leads in developing and managing the production schedule, including effectively defining and meeting deadlines.
- Prepares, reviews and coordinates implementation documents prior to issue, including verifying implementation documents conform to QA/QC and HKS standards, best practice and quality expectations.
- May produce and supervise production of graphic materials for presentation.
- Manages the technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- May lead development of code analysis and confirm code, sustainability and zoning requirements for assigned segment of project are met.
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally, including leading consultant team work sessions.
- Maintains open communication with client and provides guidance through projects.
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, to respond to requests for information, clarifications and modifications and to obtain approvals and adjust scope of services.
- Prepares client presentations and may present design concepts and drawings.
- Exercises skills of persuasion and negotiation on critical issues.
- Performs product and planting research; assists project designers with materials and systems evaluation to make proper selections.
- Oversees appropriate application of products and materials available on the market and best practices.
- Maintains awareness of risk management for potential project issues and involves PIC if needed.
- Leads and participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents as appropriate.
- May be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing meeting minutes for consultant coordination meetings.
- Endorses the firm’s cultural values, including a commitment to quality, innovation, learning and growth.
- Facilitates team’s self-evaluation to distill and distribute lessons learned within the firm, in collaboration with the PIC.
- Actively invests in the professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management and career planning.
- Develops, recognizes, recruits and grows diverse talent.
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment.
- Seeks leadership opportunities by providing direction and feedback to team members and collaborating with team leaders.
- Promotes the firm’s principles of ‘design excellence’ through the integration of responsible and sustainable design practice with the art of design.
- Assists Senior Landscape Architect/ PIC with the development and management of project job costs, budget, and resourcing projections.
- Collaborates with Senior Landscape Architect/PIC on project financial performance, such as confirming invoices are paid current before issuing documents.
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process.
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project accounting process.
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project plan and planned utilization rate.
Revenue or Opportunity Generation
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects.
- Supports PIC and may lead the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules.
- Accredited Masters degree in Landscape Architecture
- Chartership preferred
- Typically with 8+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in 2D software such as AutoCAD and 3D modelling software (including Rhino and Grasshopper, Revit) preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign graphic software required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Strong knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of systems, accessibility guidelines and QA/QC process
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to maintain existing clients relationships build new client relationships
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve and apply innovative solutions
- Ability to collaborate and encourage collaboration in a team environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines at expected quality