Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Enhancing the lives of Edmontonians through the way we plan, build and sustain landscapes and parks.
The Open Space Infrastructure Delivery section within the Integrated Infrastructure Services department enhances the lives of Edmontonians through the way we plan, build and sustain transportation, drainage, facility & open space infrastructure. Guided by strong project management principles and a commitment to excellence, the branch builds and sustains outstanding open spaces that are transforming Edmonton.
Reporting to a Program Manager, the Project Manager is accountable for all project management functions, adherence to section and Corporate processes and policies, client communication, project and staff performance reporting.
Key accountabilities include:
- Apply your initiative towards leading project teams and achieving project success
- Establish and maintain project budgets and cost controls for various projects through the design and build phases
- Manage assigned project scope, budget, risk, schedule and any required change orders to achieve project outcomes and deliverables
- Prepare and administer various construction tenders and contracts relating to resourcing the completion of open space projects
- Oversee consultants in the preparation of technical drawings and specifications; organize and oversee bid reviews and site inspections, prepare acceptance recommendations
- Advocate for and support the Integrated Infrastructure Services department’s commitment to continuous improvement in project management practices
- Ensure all contractual, safety, and industry standard requirements are effectively incorporated into the delivery of the project
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, consultants and other staff and management
- Respond and provide timely and complete information to public and council inquiries relating to project progress
- Ensure project inspections, evaluations and close out activities are completed
- Support and champion change initiatives
Provide a high quality of work in a time sensitive environment
- Completion of a 2 year Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology or related discipline supplemented by courses in project management
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible experience in commercial, recreation, landscaping or light industrial construction including experience in project management
- Experience in a municipal setting with open space projects is an asset
- Experience with project management practices including: scheduling, budgeting, project reporting & risk management
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and specifications,interpret contractual and legal project requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and relationship building skills
- Understanding and knowledge of current trends and developments in open space construction are assets
- Proficiency in Google applications
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence (or provincial equivalent); must obtain business auto insurance for personal vehicle use on City business
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per work week, Monday – Friday
Salary: $43.048 – 54.103 (Hourly); $75,839.81 – $95,315.96 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: OP/AL
Job Number: 30524