Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
KBM-HOGUE OFFICE FURNITURE-Location: San Jose
Acts as single on-site point of contact and holds responsibility for all aspects of systems furniture, case goods, and ancillary furniture from inception to final project close out. Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relation as well as performance quality and customer satisfaction. Coordinates and works with General contractors (GC) and sub-contractors to maintain installation schedule and quality.
- Site Verification and management of project scope and schedule
- When applicable, manages General Contractor relationships, attends constructions meetings, responsible for maintaining project schedule.
- Manages and tracks change orders relative to the project scope.
- Generates requests and responses for labor estimates
- Resolves problems and punch list items as quickly as possible.
- Monitors progress of entire project from inception to completion
- Daily communication with KBM-Hogue team and client
- Participate in furniture planning and programming, introduce product solutions where applicable.
- Participate in developing the overall design and standard when required.
- Develop complete project schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Develop the project labor budget in conjunction with sales department.
- Survey and evaluate building access and site conditions identifying potential obstacles and provide the best solution.
- Verify the accuracy of KBM-Hogue/manufacturer specifications.
- Attend all project meetings and facilitate all changes to the original scope of the project with all KBM-Hogue team members.
- Monitor shipping, delivery and installation schedules based on construction completion and move-in dates and establish receiving schedules at KBM-Hogue warehouse or at client’s site.
- Coordinate the delivery and installation of furniture in accordance with the agreed upon schedule.
- Provide on-site project management supervision throughout delivery and installation ensuring proper procedures are adhered to, intended design is implemented, the project area is kept clean and furniture is protected from all trades.
- Monitor entire project, making sure it stays on schedule and within budget.
- Develop punch list, provide to Project Coordinator and schedule repair and completion.
- Upon request, develop Project Standards Binders, with the assistance of Design and Marketing.
- Upon request, conduct client orientation to familiarize users with new furniture.
- Develop and manage the scope of work.
- Manage workload to the budget & schedule.
- Develop AM/PM time estimates for all projects over 5 workstations and/or offices.
- Manage client relations and expectations.
- Obtain installation quotes.
- Verify specification accuracy.
- Maintain project outline and get required signoffs.
- Verification of all items on order release approval forms.
- Conduct site verification prior to installation.
- Develop project schedule.
- Know the status each and every order on the team Open Order Status report.
- Facilitate team project meetings.
- Update customer status report – forward to the customer and update as necessary.
- Thank you call or e-mail with preliminary customer status report.
- Return all phone calls and e-mails within 4 hours to both internal and external customers.
- Schedule all projects on installation calendar with required format.
- Complete service order entry form with all required information.
- Issue valid PO to all labor vendors.
- Hold pre-installation meetings one week prior to installation.
- Submit all installation documents to warehouse/installation group one week prior to installation.
- Track product arrival to warehouse and site.
- On-site installation and delivery management.
- Manage change orders to the site. Responsible for sign off on all change orders that affect the scope, schedule, and cost.
- Develop pre-punch list in PlanGrid with an on-site supervisor or lead installer.
- Obtain customer sign off on the punch list.
- Enter all time into Core to appropriate order on daily basis.
- Submit signed, completed punch list to PC to close the job.
- BS or BA from a four-year college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience in furniture project management, or in an equivalent industry, ie: construction management.
- High drive for customer satisfaction. High level of empathy for the customer.
- Ability to Multi-task – availability for evening and weekend work when required by the project.
- Can-do attitude
- Proficient in learning business operating systems
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office programs, including MS Project. Proficiency of Adobe Acrobat is also required.
- Proficient in internet use is required, ie: accessing websites, managing the internal Project Center website, downloading programs and documents, uploading programs and documents.
- Clean DMV and current auto insurance.