Aurora Lampworks is a Brooklyn based lighting studio specializing in the restoration, replication, and custom fabrication of lighting fixtures.
We’re seeking a hands-on project manager, to help support the entire Aurora team in the development of lighting projects. Applicants with experience in project management, lighting design, wiring, and a familiarity with a range of media and fabrication processes would do well in this position.
- Light fabrication work
- Wiring of lighting fixtures
- Client relations
- Project development, including client management, sales, parts ordering, and generating proposals
- Research materials, parts, and processes as necessary
- Track and photo document progress of fixtures from the time they arrive at the studio to the time they leave
- Prepare condition reports, proposals, and change orders
- General office duties (answer phones, take messages, prepare files, organize documents, help keep the shop tidy, prepare the shop for client meetings)
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Organized, with an eye for detail
- Experience with fabrication, finishing or wiring a plus
- Knowledge of UL a plus
- Knowledge of fabrication processes including metalworking, spot welding, soldering, general assembly a plus
- Ability to communicate ideas and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Valid State Driver’s License
Please email a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to [email protected] in pdf format. No phone calls, please!