Perkins&Will is looking for a new Project Manager to join our growing New York team.
Common and baseline responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understands and consistently executes all aspects of the design process and project complexities to proactively contribute to the overall success of the team while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design, execution, and living design.
- Full responsibility for managing all aspects of projects to ensure efficient execution within scope and budget.
- Manages project teams, fostering collaboration, demonstrates strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance, design ideas and successful project delivery.
- Participates in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Provides complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
- Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Project Management system; completes work plans in Deltek; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project.
- Works with Project Architect to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Provides on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure effective communication.
- Monitors construction administration during the construction phase
- Understands and responds to technical implications and design decisions.
- Participates in marketing opportunities and develops successful client relationships for continuing business.
- Considers risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability.
- Reviews work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Coordinates staffing resources with Operations Director.
- Mentors staff.
The list below is a high-level summary of critical, baseline technical skills and certifications.
Typical Years of Requisite Experience: 8-10+
General Proficiencies (including, but not limited to):
- Building codes
- Site analysis
- Preliminary design studies
- Contract documents
- Field measurements
- Life safety requirements
- Construction contract administration
- Project kickoff and closeout
Frequently Used Software
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D Production Software
- Advanced Revit
- Deltek, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite/Affinity
- Conceptual modeling tools such as Rhino, Sketch Up, Grasshopper
- Visualization tools such as Enscape and Lumion
- Physical modeling Tools such as 3D laser printing
- Presentation Tools (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- LEED GA within 6 months of hire
- Professional Accreditation in one area of Living Design that interests you: LEED AP with Specialty, BREEAM AP, WELL AP, SITES AP, CPHC/CPHE Passive House Institute Certified Passive House, or RELi AP