BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining – to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates – a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
We are currently seeking a full-time QA/QC Architect to support our growing number of projects in development. As a QA/QC Architect at BIG, you shall report directly to the Partner Group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing technical documents for compliance with applicable codes, constructability and project risk management
- Demonstrating expertise on new materials, code changes and industry trends
- Maintaining QAQC workflow and protocol in order to uphold BIG’s quality control procedures
- Functioning as a technical resource to assist and mentor staff on technical issues
- Proactively ensuring consistency and accuracy for the Project Team and BIG’s success
We seek a candidate with:
- A U.S. Licensed Architect
- Experience in high-rise and mixed-use development in North America
- 15+ years of industry experience in similar project types
- Proven track record of preparing conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, building systems selection, related engineering principles and sustainability strategies
- Practical understanding of AutoCAD and Revit
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Positive attitude for a fast-paced office
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.