Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
At Spacelab, we use research, data and collaboration to re-imagine how spaces can be used for the better. We seek to create inspiring and functional environments that empower the people who use them.
We are looking for a hyper-curious, analytical and innovative individual to work with our existing research team on exciting working environments, ranging from production studios to genetics laboratories. We are also beginning to transfer our expertise into other sectors such as education, healthcare and residential.
- Contribute to a cross-functional design team by interpreting research results and being a user advocate in the design process.
- Assist in carrying out qualitative and quantitative user research, utilising a variety of methods (such as online staff surveys, ethnographic observation, interviews, space planning).
- Contribute to the development of new research methods and tools.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline such as Design, Architecture, Social Science, Business, etc, plus an interest in the relationship between people, place and technology.
- Experience of undertaking research/collecting data, and a willingness to seek out and learn new research methodologies.
- Curiosity to learn from others and experience or strong interest in collaborating closely with creative designers.
- Basic level of numeracy and analytical skill, including proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, and descriptive statistics such as pie charts or line graphs.
- Interest in playing with new technologies to gain meaningful insights and automate processes.
- Uncapped paid annual leave and industry tracked competitive salary.
- Genuine opportunities to progress within the organisation, and freedom to drive your own personal development.
- Collaborative style of working, with a diverse and dynamic team. Sociable, friendly culture, with an inclusive, non-hierarchical family feel.
- To work on a varied, challenging and exciting client list, e.g. ASOS, Goodwood Racecourse, Open Society Foundations, iris Worldwide, the University of London and Boden.
- Focus on wellbeing with a cycle to work scheme and a range of team exercise classes and challenges.
If you’d like to learn more about our culture, check our Instagram (@wearespacelab) or our blog (www.spacelab.co.uk/blog). If you’re interested, and think you would thrive in a fast paced and rewarding environment, please email your CV to email@example.com, along with your salary expectations and availability.