Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
AMO, the think tank and research studio of OMA, is looking for an intern to join our New York team. We are looking for a researcher/architectural-designer to work with us on projects related to and beyond the field of architecture, including media, politics, sociology, technology, and curating. Applicants must have exceptional analytical and design skills, and the ability to find and mobilize intelligence from multiple disciplines.
The prospective candidate will be integrated into a team working on a new museum – recently awarded to OMA New York – and will be involved with research and concept development phases.
- Currently enrolled in an MA/BA Degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, relevant design or research field
- Strong interest and experience in design and architecture based research
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office with experience in data visualization
- Fluent in English (any other language is an asset)
- Good understanding of the architectural, economic, political and cultural environments in which OMA operates
- Pro-active, self-disciplined and confident in a complex and international environment
- Innovative, strategic thinkers and designers
- Eligible to work in the States
Only candidates whose skills match the minimum requirements above should apply.
Please note that interns will receive a monthly stipend and that the initial internship lasts 6 months.