About Beacon Lighting Commercial
This is an exciting time to join our Commercial Division at Beacon Lighting Commercial! We’ve been in the market for over 30 years and we continue to experience growth and expansion of the business due to our unrivalled success.
With five commercial offices across Australia, we specialise in project and specification lighting in various commercial sites including apartments, hotels and aged care facilities. We are exclusive distributors of GE Lamps and Fixtures in AUS/NZ as well as our Beacon branded products, which means we are able to provide our clients with the best lighting solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a Residential Lighting Designer to apply their expert knowledge in lighting, delivering practical and creative lighting plans and solutions to our volume residential building clients.
- Reading and understanding architectural and electrical plans
- Creating lighting design plans that reflect the customer’s needs and design concepts
- Selecting and specifying product and placement solutions that fit the customer brief whilst providing a professional, knowledgeable, and efficient service
- Applying knowledge of technical issues to ensure appropriate recommendations are made that facilitate efficient and successful installations
- Assisting in seeking opportunities that grow the consultation service
- Ensuring all administrative requirements are followed through, attending to phone enquiries, reporting on consultations and safety procedures, and completing all relevant paperwork
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong customer service and sales skills, with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Experience or knowledge in interior/lighting design and the ability to read and interpret house plans
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to all aspects of your job
- A strong attention to detail, using systems competently, preparing quotes and orders
- The ability to work in a team environment and support the team towards a common goal
- A positive and willing approach
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary package, incentive schemes and great benefits such as staff discounts and paid birthday leave (qualifying periods apply). Training programs will help you develop your skills and knowledge and, being a national business, there are opportunities for advancement to build a career with us!