With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Senior architects work with designers, CAD managers, document controllers, technologist, estimators, sub-consultants, specialist, SMEs and project managers, leading the design of buildings and constructions. They lead the production of deliverables for projects on the multiple sectors that Hatch performs work.
- Interface with stakeholders such as clients, governmental agencies, professional organizations, product suppliers, manufacturers, etc.
- Prepare workplans, staffing plans, schedules, scopes of work, work break downs, budgets, work breakdown structure, deliverable lists, task sheets, etc.
- Respond to RFPs, assisting work pursue teams on wining working for Hatch.
- Lead interdisciplinary design coordination with project manager, other discipline leads and stakeholders.
- Oversee and direct production of drawings sets for conceptual, schematic, detailed design, and construction drawings that include: context plans, site plans, floor plans, demolition plans, renovation plans, roof plans, exterior elevations, interior sections, wall sections, details, schedules, etc.
- Direct production of 3D renderings stills and videos for projects.
- Lead production and review of technical documentation such as design briefs, design reports, design basis, design criteria, material take-offs, vendor documents, bids, project sheets.
- Assist the client in obtaining permits required for the occupancy of buildings and structures.
- Lead the creating of construction documents such as building code compliance reviews, technical specifications, performance specifications.
- Stamp and signed construction and technical documents as required by the projects.
- Perform construction administration tasks providing input to documents/tools such as: shop drawings, samples, site instructions, change orders, RFIs, quotes, occupancy certificates, etc.
- Supervise intermediate and junior staff activities and take responsibility of their work.
- Mentor intermediate and junior staff to help them develop their skills and abilities.
- +15 years of work experience.
- Graduated with a professional degree in architecture from an accredited post-secondary institution or have successfully completed the RAIC Syllabus Program.
- Completed the Internship in Architecture Program (IAP) with any of the provisional self-regulating organizations governed by the Architects Act of Canada.
- Hold an architectural license issued by any of the provisional self-regulating organizations governed by the Architects Act of Canada.
- Hold certifications with organization that perform specialized work complementary to the architectural professions such as LEED, PMI, NACE, CSI, etc. – (as required for the intended work)
- Excellent understanding of international, national, regional and local building codes, by-laws, design guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent understanding of general architectural documents such as: graphic standards, CCDC, CHOP, technical standards,
- Excellent understanding of agencies that perform material and performance certification, standards and testing, such as LEED, ULC, ANSI, ASTM, CAN/CSI, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent understanding of structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, communications and utilities design and how they integrate with architectural work.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical and electrical single line diagrams, structural foundation and framing drawings, civil grading and drainage drawings, landscape drawings, signage sets, surveys, etc.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Basic proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Basic proficiency in design software such as Revit, AECOsim, Open Buildings, etc.
- Basic understanding of visualization software such as SketchUp, Rhino, 3DMax, Vray and Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Expert proficiency in software such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, ProjectWise, Microsoft Teams, Bluebeam, etc.
- Expert proficiency in review software such as BIM360 Design, Bluebeam Studio, Brava!, iPas DM, Consigno, etc.
- Ability to work in fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.