Respond is a leading Approved Housing Body and a service provider working across Ireland for almost 40 years. A core area of our work is Housing Development and Housing Management. Our vision is that every family and individual in Ireland will have high-quality housing as part of a vibrant and caring community. This means working proactively with partners to create sustainable and vibrant communities where people want to live. We also have a wide range of services.
To design, manage, and oversee development projects to delivery in line with statutory compliance, best practice, and company ethos. To assist the Head of Development in the delivery of the Respond development programme.
- Assist in the development, implementation & monitoring of organisation property strategy to underpin service excellence and long-term sustainability in line with the social and environmental objectives of Respond
- Interpret initial brief into workable design concepts. Take responsibility for design, detailing, construction inspection, and contract administration for a number of large multi-million projects
- Manage projects from start to finish i.e. from sketch design to Project Management on site;
- Assisting in formulating Organisation best practice documents & policy proposals for Design, Forward Planning, and Place-Making.
- Prepare property development business cases and funding proposals, including all aspects of feasibility investigations (including acquisitions, constructions & consultancies)
- Oversee property development projects, including due diligence processes; stakeholder, consultant, and contractor negotiation and liaison; risk mitigation; and delivery within the approved budget
Quality & Standards
- Manage accurate and comprehensive documentation including, planning, funder, consultant and contractor agreements
- Prepare timely, accurate & professional (internal and external) reports
- Coordinate with Asset Management Team the management of new property assets and whole & lifecycle costings
- Reporting & achievement of the measurable agreed customer service standards in line with agreed quality levels and communicate them to the teams
- Maintain compliance with relevant legislation and contractual obligations
- Maintain the general administration, statutory compliance, quality assurance and protocol compliance, risk management, and financial/budgetary compliance of development projects.
- Ensure that appropriate Health and Safety procedures are adhered to by consultants and contractors including the relevant handover of Safety files and coordination of O&M training
- Ensure records are maintained in line with the Associations IT packages – ActiveH, AutoCAD, etc. Maintain working knowledge of Respond’s IT systems.
- Assist in the procurement, assessment, and appointment of project Design Teams, Contractors, etc. in accordance with relevant frameworks
- Assist in procurement and preparation of tender documents for new build
- Coordinate work of external consultants and delegate responsibilities to other technical staff as directed by the Head of Property
- Prepare plans for projects, manage applicable projects, and administer contracts, keep logs and accurately input, track, analyse, and progress of work programs.
- Contribute to strategy, management, decision-making, and capacity building Maintain excellent relations with all stakeholders including government organisations, local authorities, developers, funders/financiers, contractors, other housing bodies, etc.
- Coordination of planning, tender, and presentation documentation
- Coordination and preparation of contract documents; administer building contracts
- Liaise with and present reports within & outside the organisation as directed by the Head of Property and/ or by the CEO manage accurate and comprehensive documentation including funder, consultant, and contractor agreements
- Provide leadership so the project team achieves its full potential
- Effectively manage and develop talent in the team.
- Build good relationships and effective co-operation with relevant internal teams
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications – Chartered Architect / Planner-Essential
Knowledge / Experience
- 7 years of post-graduate experience in development, cost management, PPP projects, construction, risk management, and strategic public procurement
- 5 years of project management experience
- Proven leadership skills with a record of achievement of delivery.
- Working in a social housing
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent record in workable design
- Good organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral presentation skills
- Developing and successfully managing relationships with partners, external stakeholders, and funders
- Contract document preparation in accordance with requirements of RIAI, GCCC, and CWMF; Project Management, Cost Control, and Contract administration including dispute management & resolution
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills whilst being empathetic and customer-focused
- Strong IT Skills Knowledge of AutoCAD 2000 (City & Guilds standard). Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent influencing skills with strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical; and comfortable with interpreting data
- Evidence of continued professional development over the course of this work period including learning/training in relation to current legislation, construction regulations, safety health and welfare, procurement and contract administration