BIG is a young architectural company, characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across areas of expertise and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify the staff. Our firm is characterized by creativity, high energy and a unifying team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool and enjoyable workplace and we continuously work at becoming better and better at what we do. Our headquarters are located in Copenhagen and our New York office has been open since 2010. We are a company in steady growth and over the last few years, we have worked intensely on the professionalization of our business.
BIG Architecture seeks a Senior Designer/Architect to join us in our NYC office.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Reporting to the Partner-in-Charge
- Communication with client & consultant team
- Technical production of drawing sets
- Management of junior team members
- Fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Client management & project coordination skills
- Technical detailing & construction administration
- Software skills required: Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of construction methods
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as an Architect/Designer on built and published references
- Experience in filing construction documents and construction administration in N. America
- Experience from a leading American or International architecture office
- Licensure and/or LEED certification are assets
This job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
How to apply
All suitably qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume with references, and portfolio via BIG’s jobs website. No calls or hard copies, please.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, creed, sex, citizenship status, gender, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic. BIG Architecture DPC is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. BIG Architecture DPCis obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.