Lett Architects are looking for a Senior Architect with a growth mindset who will have a strong sense of accountability to their clients, their team, and the Studio. The ideal candidate will be an individual with a mentorship attitude, experience managing multiple projects and teams, and excellent communication skills with a deep understanding of and commitment to sustainable and regenerative design.
- Ability to take a project lead role and coordinate other disciplines including their internal project teams, architects, engineers, and other sub-consultants.
- Working with a design team developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery.
- Supporting and maintaining existing customer relationships, and developing new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel.
- Managing all aspects of client relationships, including meeting with clients, progress reporting, and the resolution of issues as required.
- Coordinating the preparation of specifications, drawings, and cost estimates to ensure they meet established project criteria and applicable standards while working alongside their QAQC team
- Assisting in maintaining and further developing standards related to Lett Architect’s architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery.
- Aware of and effectively utilize current and new design and project management technology.
- Preparing reports, project plans, schedules, and other supporting documentation.
- Ensuring Lett’s standards and QAQC protocols are followed.
- Monitoring project budget hours and project schedule and take corrective action as required.
- Mentor staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency, and customer relations.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Technical education in architecture (B Arch or M Arch).
- Licensed OAA.
- Experience using or working with Revit, including working knowledge of BIM practices.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a licensed Architect.
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards.
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail.
- Effectively able to manage a variety of projects and project teams simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What they offer:
- An opportunity to work for the highest-ranking B Corp certified architectural firm in Canada.
- A competitive salary with advancement and growth opportunities.
- Extended Health Benefits (Health, Life and Dental).
- Professional association fees paid by Lett (OAA, RAIC).
- Continuing education allowance of $1500.00 annually.
- Opportunity to participate in a mentorship program.
- Hybrid work environment with 3 days on site at one of Lett Architect’s locations and 2 days remotely.
- The opportunity to work in any studio – Peterborough, Collingwood, or Kitchener.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Administrative Principal Kristy Hook at email@example.com.