ZURU Tech are searching for a Senior Architect to apply the most advanced digital technologies to building processes. From design to manufacturing to construction, ZURU Tech are looking for the driven to join their journey, helping to revolutionize how buildings are created at every stage of the process.
As ZURU Tech’s Senior Architect, you’ll be at the forefront of their ambitious project to craft 20-30 exceptional homes within the next 18-24 months. Your expertise and creativity will be the driving force behind ZURU Tech’s groundbreaking home concepts.
How you will make an impact:
- Your role will involve not only designing cutting-edge residential structures but also pushing the boundaries of product innovation, advanced manufacturing techniques, and architectural design.
- You’ll collaborate closely with Zuru’s cross-functional team of experts in fabrication, product development, and software engineering, contributing directly to their mission of designing and manufacturing world-class homes for the US market.
Your core responsibilities:
- Lead the development of creative and innovative residential design concepts that comply with local building codes and regulations.
- Collaborate with product designers, structural engineers, and other stakeholders to validate and refine design concepts and ensure they are parametric for ZURU’s software.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structure.
- Extensive experience in construction document preparation, including detailing and field observation.
- Mentor and guide junior architects and provide constructive feedback on their work.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience in residential design.
- Proven experience in managing the entire architectural process, from concept development to obtaining necessary permits from city authorities.
- Work on all phases of design (Schematic Design through Construction Administration).
- Produce architectural construction documents.
- Follow construction drawing standards, building codes, and accessibility requirements.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketchup, Rhino, Enscape, VRay.