Our Transit group is an award winning mid-sized design studio dedicated to delivering creative public transit design solutions that elevate and strengthen the communities they serve.
We are committed to be a great place to work that fosters the professional growth of every individual through a relaxed, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
We are looking for a Design Architect well versed in delivering projects from start to finish. This is a great opportunity for a passionate and creative mind to take on dynamic and challenging projects and be part of leading the creative design initiatives on transit projects both locally and internationally. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience, be an out-of-the-box thinker with a talent for developing creative design ideas, will offer a robust design portfolio showing an array of projects and a holistic understanding of the design process.
Most of the Things You’ll Work On:
- Part of leading the process of creating and developing the fundamental design principles to guide a project from the earliest stages of its conception and continue to assist in its development and refinement through subsequent design and implementation phases.
- As a member of the senior design team, collaborate with practice leaders and colleagues to enhance IBI’s Transit Architecture Studio’s culture for design excellence.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum Degree in Architecture;
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in an architectural firm
- Portfolio in PDF or Weblink along with a Cover Letter is expected with your application
- Creative and collaborative with demonstrated proficiency and passion for designing and detailing
- Demonstrated proficiency through all phases of project development; taking projects from inception to completion
- Proficiency with Revit and BIM software, 3D Rendering, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Competent knowledge of building codes
- Competent knowledge of specifications
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team.
- Proactive and detail oriented
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Desire to grow, mentor, and inspire a team
- Experience in transit station design will be considered an asset
- Experience on large, multidisciplinary teams will be considered and asset