Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Senior Design Architect will lead medium to large scale projects in a team-based setting in our Toronto Studio. This individual will work closely with Design Principals in the Toronto Studio.
- Discuss, develop and communicate ideas with verbal and graphic clarity utilizing a design process and collaboration model which includes wide range of tools used to communicate and explore ideas including: drawing/sketching, modelling, diagramming, 3-D work
- Develop and explore conceptual and schematic designs for building systems, cores and site plans
- Develop articulate design narratives and project presentations in written form
- Use digital software in the process of design including REVIT, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, Rhino, Grasshopper, etc.
- Understand and inspire clients, prepare and make presentations, lead and collaborate with team members and other disciplines
- Further our productive, collaborative idea-based design studio culture
- Be involved in the local design community, be active in teaching and mentoring, and lead the intellectual discourse surrounding design and architecture
- Licensed Architect in Ontario, or eligible for registration
- 12+ years of work experience with a portfolio demonstrating built work with a significant authorship role
- Strong conceptual design skills in exploring innovative approaches in an interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to discuss, develop and communicate ideas with verbal and graphic clarity
- High level of technical experience to initiate and develop conceptual, schematic and design development framework for building systems, cores, site plan, etc.
- Passionate and inspirational with a collaborative approach
- Understanding of building codes applicable to the region
- Confidence in presentation skills and experience presenting ideas to clients and in public forums
- Involvement and network within the design community
- Proficiency in Rhino, Grasshopper and other advanced visualization software desirable
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to [email protected], with “Senior Design Architect, Toronto” in the subject line.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.