At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply architectural techniques, procedures and modifications to architectural construction documents
- Independently perform architectural assignments with only general instruction from the Project Architect or Project Manager regarding the expected results
- Work directly with owners/clients to select and recommend procedures
- Lead development of drawings, details and documents
- Develop and manage building information models, including coordination with other disciplines
- Write specifications covering architectural matters and perform code reviews
- Assist Project Architects, other Design Project Coordinators or Technicians as needed, and take responsibility for work in all phases of the architectural process
- Train and mentor staff
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or closely related field, Master’s degree in Architecture a plus
- 7+ years professional or internship experience preparing details, specifications and construction documents
- Architectural license preferred, or desire to pursue growth opportunities and eventually obtain registration
- Strong computer skills using AutoCAD, Revit 3D Modeling and Microsoft Office, familiarity with Bentley products a plus
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prepare drawings and details and demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max but not required; Rhino and Grasshopper experience a plus
- Interest and familiarity in areas of transportation, infrastructure and municipal facilities a plus
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired, but not required
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Candidates who reside locally are preferred.