At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Design Leader, you will lead creative, collaborative teams dedicated to design innovation and excellence. Use your unique design perspective to bring new approaches to design process and strategy, develop next-generation talent, and help our clients redesign what’s possible.
What You Will Do
- Lead the creative efforts on client projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies (mainly workplace interior projects)
- Mentor and provide creative direction to design teams
- Act as the primary design interface with clients and consultants
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Selecting interior finishes, furniture and equipment
- Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Review drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of design or architecture
- 15+ years of professional interior design and/or architecture experience; recent corporate interiors project experience is required
- NCIDQ certified, RA and/or LEED accreditation are preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Revit and other computer design programs, 3ds Max preferred
- Must have a project portfolio of large corporate office projects. Ideally project portfolio will show a range of corporate interiors from 25k-1M sq. ft for tech firms, law firms, and other companies.
If you’re open to considering a relocation to the RTP area in North Carolina, please apply! Non-local candidates are welcome. Raleigh and Durham ranked #10 in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 study of the best places to live among America’s 125 largest metro areas (https://realestate.usnews.com/places/north-carolina/raleigh-durham).
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.