/DesignAgency is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening with our firm for the role of Senior Interior Designer. /DesignAgency relies on the Senior Designer to carry out projects and elements of projects. This individual will be responsible for designing, directing, and coordinating hospitality, commercial / retail, and multi-unit residential with minimal direction and oversight. This person will also mentor and direct staff, and effectively manage client requests and relationships. A knowledge and interest in all aspects and categories of interior design is required, as well as a desire for professional growth and development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate-high complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful, and functional design.
- Strive for efficiency and to reduce errors, and omissions.
- Generate concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding & tender phases, programs, and working budgets.
- Work with teams to develop interior materials & finish specifications
- Coordinate all FF&E and interior architectural plans and finishes and products with the client and project consultants as necessary
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, and client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Assist in the development of project goals, targets and schedules.
- Direct and review design development, construction documents and shop drawings for content, accuracy, and overall design integrity
- Serve as primary contact for all sub-consultants, supporting the Design Directors and Partners.
- Use Ajera to deliver assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
- Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate on quality reviews of projects
- Mentor project designers and intermediate designers and interns in design practice, office standards and policies
- College-level degree (interior design or related field)
- 10 years of interior design experience with a wide selection of advanced and various sized interior design and/or architectural projects
- Hotel and Food & Beverage design experience required
- Ability to supervise and direct project teams with minimal oversight
- Ability to mentor and direct staff
- Knowledge of design resources and evidence of creative sourcing and creative problem solving
- Strong client management skills and experience
- High level of CAD proficiency
- Skilled in In Design, Sketch Up, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching
- Must be positive, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Knowledge of Ajera is beneficial
- Multi-unit residential experience is preferred
- Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
Please include a portfolio with your resume to apply.