As a Gensler Senior Interior Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who itches to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration. With you as part of our team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- 10+ years of interior design experience of varying project types
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D, Rhino, Grasshopper, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions, our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
Perks: We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer contributions to the RRSP and twice annual bonus opportunities. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.