Natalia Miyar Atelier is seeking a Senior Designer to join its team in London.
About the company
Natalia Miyar Atelier is an interior architecture and design practice based in Chelsea with luxury residential projects internationally. Natalia Miyar creates beautiful and acclaimed interiors for some of the most discerning and design-aware clients. Working both nationally and internationally, the company’s portfolio of projects includes London apartments, townhouses, and international homes. The company’s exacting standards go far beyond the expected with every detail researched and hand-crafted, and with the aim of unlocking the property’s potential.
The senior designer (SD) will report to the studio project manager. Due to the nature of the role, the SD will work collaboratively and effectively with the other members of the design team to generate accurate, technical, and creative design solutions. The SD will support the junior members of the team and ensure they learn and develop through supportive delegation of duties. To perform this job successfully, the SD must be able to perform each essential duty to an excellent standard and the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
Concept development and Client skills:
- Develop concepts that provide an original approach and effective solution to the creative brief
- Able to present and sell concepts and design solutions to the client
- Wins the confidence of the client and internal team through effective communication skills and clearly defined direction
- Able to draw full CAD packages and deliver these onto site
- Initiates and participates in client progress meetings and ensures that the meetings are recorded with all actions noted
Project management and implementation:
- Attends site meetings and prepares progress reports
- Demonstrates commercial awareness of design intent and tracks design against budget. Prepares the project’s final accounts including reconciliation of invoices
- Takes on the day-to-day running of the design process and reports back throughout
- Able to deal effectively with all parties including sub-contractors and ensure any issues are dealt with and/or raised as a concern
- Coordinates the deliveries on-site and ensures the completion of snagging and de-snagging and effectively co-ordinates the final dressing of a client property
- Recognizes and develops new business opportunities with new or existing clients
- Able to orchestrate pitches and proposals through effective management facilitation
- Acts as an ambassador for the company and strives to raise the company’s profile within the industry through attending events and networking
- Develops tasks and activities within projects that support the continual development of individual and team skills
- Provides regular and constructive feedback on performance in a timely manner
- Is seen as open and available to support team issues and queries
What this person needs to know:
- Technical understanding of architectural design
- Good understanding of current trends within the design industry
- A thorough understanding of target markets
- Project design
- Knowledge of materials
Attributes that are a good fit with the role:
- Calm under pressure and able to think on the spot
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to effectively manage and develop others
- Confident and approachable to a wide range of people including management, clients, sub-contractors, and team members
- Organized and efficient
- Pragmatic and flexible
- Education and experience
- Degree or equivalent in interior design, furniture design or architecture, or another relevant qualification
- Tangible experience at a senior designer level with good knowledge of running high-end residential design projects
Skills and competencies:
- Industry knowledge: a flair and passion for luxury residential FF&E design
- Project management skills: able to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Self-management: organised and able to keep on a schedule despite obstacles
- Technical skills: excellent technical skills
- Interpersonal skills: able to work within a diverse and challenging work environment and able to get along with a diverse group of creative, technical, and administrative professionals
- Decision making skills: quick lateral and forward-thinking capabilities with the ability to stay calm and positive under pressure
- Manager skills: able to manage junior design staff with the ability to delegate and not abdicate duties and tasks
- Communication skills: excellent English with strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a successful and growing team working at their dynamic Atelier in Chelsea.
Birthdays are important and to help you celebrate they love to give you an extra day’s holiday during your birthday week. Along with finishing work an hour earlier on Fridays in June, July and August, they hope you can enjoy the sunshine.
Interviews for this position will begin immediately, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All applications will be treated with confidentiality. Remuneration based on experience.
Natalia Miyar Atelier is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome people from all backgrounds and recognize that in order to be successful, they need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can reach their potential and succeed.