WSP is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Thornhill or Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for supplementing our planning group on projects involving land use planning, community engagement and facilitation and environmental assessment for both public and private sector clients in Ontario. The successful candidate can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Preparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
- Preparing municipal planning documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, and secondary plans;
- Research and presentation of planning analysis;
- Organization and facilitation of stakeholder/public meetings;
- Undertaking Class Environmental Assessment projects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Planning;
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Full membership or eligibility in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Demonstrable community engagement experience;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- Strong Project Management experience with complex municipal planning projects comprised of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills; and
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License is an asset